Recruiting and Selecting Staff
A toolkit for managers and supervisors hiring staff
The University of Melbourne promotes the use of best practice principles in the Recruitment and Selection.
Human Resources provide a range of tools to guide you through the recruitment and selection process and to support you in determining the best fit between an individual and position.
The recruitment and selection process is divided into
- Position Description Template (.doc)
- Tips on using the new template format (under Resources)
- Examples of Selection Criteria
- Shortlisting Form (.xls)
- Recruitment and Selection Training
- Staff Trained in Recruitment and Selection (.xls)
- Indigenous Australian Recruitment
- Interview Assessment Form (coming soon)
- Recruitment Process Diagrams (coming soon)
- eRecruitment website (University staff access only: please use your existing login details when prompted)
- Casual to Fortnightly - Everything you need to know about appointing a fixed term/continuing person who was previously a casual