All staff that are covered by the University of Melbourne Collective Agreement 2010 may participate in salary packaging if eligible. Salary packaging has the benefit of allowing you the flexibility to tailor your remuneration package to best suit your individual financial and personal needs, as well as taking advantage of legitimate taxation laws to maximise your benefits.
Further detailed infomation on how Salary Packaging works can be obtained from Guidelines of Salary Packaging.
Items that can be packaged are:
- Additional Superannuation
- Car Parking (University Provided)
- Child Care (University Provided)
- Laptop Computers & Portable Electronic Devices (including Mobile Phones)
- Motor Vehicles (Novated Leasing)
- QANTAS Club (Lounge) Membership
- Self Education/Course Fees for University of Melbourne Courses
- Sport and Recreation Membership Fees
- Superannuation Employer Contributions
- Workplace Giving